Mark Webber - Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum on the friendly and talented Formula 1 driver, Mark Webber.

HomePortailGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GP Australia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Titine
Admin
Titine

GP Australia Empty
PostSubject: GP Australia   GP Australia EmptyFri 18 Mar - 11:21

Albert Lake Park Street Circuit in Melborne, Australia.

GP Australia Australia_albert_park

Race 03/27/2011

A short summary of free practice, qualifying and the race will do it after every day.

If possible, photos will be posted.
Back to top Go down
https://markwebber.forumactif.info
Titine
Admin
Titine

GP Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP Australia   GP Australia EmptyFri 25 Mar - 10:19

Newsletter of Mark Webber.

Quote :
Car 2 MARK WEBBER 1st Practice P1, 2nd Practice P5

“We had some Melbourne showers at the end of P2, which are always pretty tricky round here, but in general it was a pretty good day for us. We’ve still got some work to do; there are some quick guys out there. It was good to finally try the tyres out on this circuit and I had a go with everything new on the car. McLaren look quick, but with Ferrari you can never tell, as they always run a bit more fuel on a Friday.”

Car 1 SEBASTIAN VETTEL 1st Practice P2, 2nd Practice P4

“It was an exciting start to the season, as there’s always a lot going on in Melbourne. We were able to complete a lot of laps today, but the weather has been a bit difficult. It starts raining, but then goes dry again, which doesn't make it that easy to test different things. Despite that, I think we got a good idea as to where we are compared to our competitors. All in all I think we can be pleased, it seems we are not too bad, but we have to wait and see.”

STATISTICS

MARK WEBBER

First Practice Session Position: 1, Best Time: 1:26.831, Laps: 20, Chassis No. 2
Second Practice Session Position: 5, Best Time 1:26.283, Laps: 33, Chassis No. 2

SEBASTIAN VETTEL

First Practice Session Position: 2, Best Time: 1:27.158, Laps: 19, Chassis No. 3
Second Practice Session Position: 4, Best Time: 1:26.014, Laps: 35, Chassis No. 3

Saturday 26 March 2011

Quote :
Car 1 SEBASTIAN VETTEL, Position: POLE POSITION (3rd Practice – P1, 1:24.507)

“It was a funny winter, the cars changed a lot and testing was really busy. We all tried to work our way around the Pirelli tyres and coming here we’re all impressed by how they’re working on one lap and also when there’s more fuel in the car. It’s promising for Sunday, so we’ll see how we get on. We have made the first step and starting the season this way with a pole position is a good sign for the team. We’ve been working very hard to get the RB7 to where it is now – it’s thanks to all those in the factory and those here, down under, for preparing the car. If you look at the points we still have zero like everyone else, so we need to see what happens tomorrow.”

Car 2 MARK WEBBER, Position 3rd (3rd Practice – P2, 1:25.364)

“I was disappointed with my performance today, Sebastian put in a very good lap. I’m a little bit mystified by the gap to be honest, I tried my best. I’ll have to go through it and have a look at where I can improve and go from there. It’s frustrating, but credit to the team; the guys have done an incredible job. Obviously it wasn’t the best day for me, but the bar is high. I would like to have done better, but reflecting on the performance of the team and what they’ve done over the winter – it’s incredible.”

CHRISTIAN HORNER: “A great team performance. First and third for the first Grand Prix of 2011 is a very good start. Sebastian produced two stunning laps. Mark just lost out on the last run by less than a tenth to Lewis, but first and third on the clean side of the grid is a good place to be starting tomorrow’s race. It should be a fascinating race, especially with the new regulations. We’re delighted to achieve Pirelli’s first pole on their return to Formula One.”

(Renault) CYRIL DUMONT: “It’s nice to be back on the track and especially with the pace we had today. What a showing from Seb. Mark was a bit behind, but we will see tomorrow as the race is long. Engine-wise we were pretty happy to use all the tuning we have been working on during winter testing. It is a good result for Renault and Red Bull so far and we will see tomorrow what happens in the race. Fuel consumption will be important tomorrow.”

Back to top Go down
https://markwebber.forumactif.info
s2y

GP Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP Australia   GP Australia EmptySat 26 Mar - 20:58

"I was disappointed with my performance today"... Oh no... It's so sad see Mark talk this.
But he will run in his "house", the whole country will support him and Mark will rock on the track!!! Go Mark!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GP Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: GP Australia   GP Australia Empty

Back to top Go down

GP Australia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mark Webber - Fans :: Formula 1 :: General :: Races-
Jump to: