Mark Webber - Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum on the friendly and talented Formula 1 driver, Mark Webber.

HomePortailGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Melbourne's race

Go down 
AuthorMessage
s2y

The Melbourne's race Empty
PostSubject: The Melbourne's race   The Melbourne's race EmptyMon 28 Mar - 14:53

I was excited for the Melbourne's race yesterday, was the 1st race of the year, the Webber's country and I thought he could be the race's winner, but unfortunately Webber hadn't a good race and didn't get the podium (5th place, Alonso surpassed him). During the race, the tv almost don't showed the champion Vettel, gave more attention to the "fights" on the track Massa-Button, Rosberg-Rubens and for a while Alonso-Webber; and Petrov surprised the world!
Well, I'm not disappointed with Mark, Malasia GP is coming and is just the start of the championship.Smile

ps: I remember Vettel said, joking in the last year, which would like "to reply in kind" on Webber (because Mark won in Germany) and to win in Australia.
(Oh, no! Vettel's curse!!)

I'm sorry for the bad english

--------------------------

[justify]"I wish it was already tomorrow"
Red Bull Formula One pilot Mark Webber bitterly disappointed with equal best finish at Albert Park
Australian Red Bull driver Mark Webber was visibly upset and bitterly disappointed with his equal-best fifth placed finish in the Australian Formula One Grand Prix in Melbourne.

After pulling his Red Bull to the side of the track immediately after taking the chequered flag in fifth at the Australian Formula One Grand Prix Webber walked forlornly down the pit lane and to the back of his team garage.

"It was frustrating, I wanted to get more out of it and I think we could have got more out of it today," Webber said.

"I wish it was already tomorrow.

"We were struggling with the tyres, every stint much earlier than everyone so already I was on the back foot in terms of strategy,"he explained.

Webber comfirmed he didn’t run Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) in the race, a factor he is sure to mention in debriefing talks with the team ahead of the Malaysian Formula One Grand Prix in two weeks time.

Webber was unable to complete a pass on Lewis Hamilton at the start of Sunday's race without the 80 horsepower offered to his competitors with functioning KERS.

The lack of KERS again impacted the Red Bull pilot after his final pit stop, when he closed on Fernando Alonso but was unable to complete the pass.

Mark Webber finished fifth, equal to his debut result with Minardi at Albert Park in 2001.

Sebastian Vettel won the race from Lewis Hamilton and Vitaly Petrov, with Fernando Alonso in fourth.

source:www.foxsports.com.au

Last edited by s2y on Mon 28 Mar - 15:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
s2y

The Melbourne's race Empty
PostSubject: Home win eludes Webber again   The Melbourne's race EmptyMon 28 Mar - 15:08

Home win eludes Webber again
BY MARTIN BOULTON, MOTOR SPORT

Mark Webber could only equal his best finish on home soil with fifth place in yesterday's Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park.

The Red Bull driver said it was ''a tough race'' and despite pushing as hard as possible, he could only replicate his fifth placings from 2002 and 2005 as teammate Sebastian Vettel blasted away from the start to a commanding win.

A day after saying he was mystified by the gap in speed between Vettel's car and his own, Webber said ''everyone deserved the result they got today'' and throughout the weekend he lacked the necessary speed.

Webber crossed the finish line almost 40seconds behind Vettel. After crossing the line Webber came to a sudden stop at the exit of pit lane, a puff of smoke coming from his engine as he left the cockpit and walked back to his pit garage.

It was an abrupt end to a weekend that promised so much, but ultimately left the 34-year-old trailing his teammate and reigning world champion by 15 points after one round.

''It was frustrating ... we could have got more out of it today,'' Webber said, adding he'd struggled with tyres. ''There wasn't much else I could do today.''

After starting third on the grid Webber tried to squeeze past Lewis Hamilton, who started from second, but had to settle for a clean run through turn one behind Vettel and the McLaren driver.

Webber was the first driver to enter pit lane for a fresh set of Pirelli tyres on lap 12 and rejoined the race in seventh spot.

He pitted again on lap 27, changing to a soft set of tyres before a third and final pit stop for fresh tyres on lap 42 of the 58-lap race.

His final pit stop proved costly, running wide onto the grass after returning to the track, while Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso pounced and moved ahead of Webber into fourth with the quickest lap of the race at that stage. Alonso held on to fourth spot.

In his 10th home race Webber never threatened to snatch the lead and was left to lament his tyre strategy and lack of speed.

He now has to find almost a second a lap to match the pace of his main rival Vettel.

After the race he confirmed, like Vettel, that he didn't run the Kinetic Energy Recovery System during the race.

Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner echoed Webber's assessment of the opening race of the season.

''We just struggled with pace with Mark, he struggled all weekend,'' he said. ''He had a bit of a scrappy stop which cost him with Alonso ... we need to look at everything.''

Vettel said getting a fast start was crucial to his victory.

''Being on the clean side I had a very good getaway but I didn't know if it was enough until I saw Lewis and Mark were battling for position,'' he said. ''I was clear from that and then in the first stint I more or less tried to hold the gap.''

Hamilton was astounded to find himself in second spot after an off-season of difficult testing which indicated the McLaren was headed for the middle of the pack.

''Just a week or two ago we were not expecting to be anywhere near the top five,'' Hamilton said.
-----------------

Webber deserves a victory in his country Exclamation
source: www.canberratimes.com.au link
Back to top Go down

The Melbourne's race
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mark Webber - Fans :: Formula 1 :: General :: Races-
Jump to: